Lightship for Sale in Gloucester
1 February 2017
The Vessel was commissioned by Mersey Docks and Harbour Board in September 1958 and was named “PLANET” and constructed on riverted steel. Launched on 24th May 1960 and delivered on 9th September 1960. From 1960 to 1972 she was used on Bar Station, Liverpool Bay. She was withdrawn from the Bar Station on 4th September 1972 and then sold to Trinity House, London. Renamed “LV 23”, she was positioned first at Kentish Knock Station, then Varne Station and subsequently Channel Station before being withdrawn from service and sold into private ownership in July 1991. She then returned to Liverpool in 1992 and was berthed at a number of different locations before arriving at Canning Dock in 2006. Since that time the Vessel was used as a café, bar and museum.
Viewings are strictly by appointment only.
Offers are invited over £100,000.
Find out how to make an enquiry here.
Source: www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk, 1 February 2017