National Historic Ships UK are launching a new publication to provide guidance to those who own, manage, or care for historic vessels of the options available to them to create an environment that is welcoming and accessible to every visitor. The guidance paper shall explore a wide range of people’s needs, and seeks to provide practical guidance on how these can be met in a variety of ways according to an organisation’s resources, without making changes to the vessel which might affect its significance.
We invite you to contribute to this paper by submitting case studies that illustrate:
- decision making processes of implementing access solutions;
- physical or management access solutions in practise;
- access documents such as pre-visit information and staff training documents;
- successful collaborations with local or national disability groups;
- tools to measure the impact of access solutions such as surveys and feedback forms.
If you are interested in submitting a case study, please complete the enclosed form. We shall consider all submitted case studies and make appropriate selections for use as exemplars and illustrations.
You may submit for than one case study. Please use a separate form for each one.
The deadline for submissions is 31st May 2018.
We look forward to hearing from you!