Colne Light

built 1954 by Philip & Son, Dartmouth

Designated ensign Designated house flag

1573

Registered


Service Vessel

Light vessel


Colchester


Commercial Activity

Sailing


No

No


02/06/1999

22/07/2011




Propulsion

Towed

None


None

None


Dimensions

To be confirmed

26.00 feet (7.93 metres)


99.93 feet (30.48 metres)

10.00 feet (3.05 metres)


129.00


History

Trinity House Lightvessel Number 16, T.S. COLNE LIGHT, is a steel lightship built by Philip & Son Ltd., of Dartmouth in 1954. She was commissioned by Trinity House in January 1953 and was launched in July 1954. On 6 December 1960, she was damaged whilst at South Goodwin Station. However, she remained in service until being decommissioned in 1988. She was sold for use as a sea cadet training ship headquarters and is now based in Colchester.

Previous names

  1. LV16

Grants

  1. October 2008 A Sustainability Grant of ú2000 for an engine room access project was made from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships
If you are the owner of the vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

landing strake:

the strake between the binding strake and the top strake