Ketch built 1920 by Dickie, A M & Sons Ltd, Tarbert
To be confirmed
14.00 feet (3.60 metres)
59.02 feet (18.00 metres)
7.61 feet (2.32 metres)
Originally built for Mr R.G.Sillars of Greenock, she passed to Major R Workman some time before 1931 and sailed around the Caribbean. Subsequently she had a series of owners on the South Coast of England. In 1967 she was sold to Mr S. Reeve of Whitstable who chartered her in the UK, France, Greece and Yugoslavia.
The present owner bought her circa 1991 at Split during the Croatian war. She was transported home to Tarbert in 1998 and is now based at Bangor, Co. Down.
A Sustainability Award of £2,000 was made for deck repairs from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships.
Source: National Historic Ships.
- 1920 Yachting Monthly A-25 ton Auxilliry Ketch
- 1993 Old Gaffer's Association Member's Handbook and Boat Archive
tubular metal fitting in the bows of a vessel through which the anchor cable passes