Certificate no 1461
Status Archived
a12admin

Details

Function Leisure Craft
Subfunction Yacht
Location Unknown
Vessel type Motor Yacht
Archive reason More information required
Current use Unknown
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required Yes

Construction

Builder Dickie, A M & Sons Ltd, Tarbert
Built in 1936
Hull material Wood
Rig Unknown
Number of decks 1
Number of masts
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Length: Overall
43.97 feet (13.41 m)
Tonnage: Gross
0.00
Air Draft
To be confirmed

History

TUNNAG is a motor cruiser, built by A.M. Dickie & Son at Tarbert, Loch Fyne, in 1936 and registered at Greenock. Her hull is built from teak on oak and has always been varnished. The current engine is a Gardner diesel, with a generator. She also has a Raytheon radar and an autopilot. Most of her life has been spent in Scottish waters, but she is now based on the South Coast.

As of autumn 2018, this vessel is reported to be up for sale, lying in Cornwall.

We are lacking information about this particular vessel.  If you have any information about this vessel, past or present, please contact us.

Sources

Classic Boat: Tunnag - Gentleman's motor yacht, November 2018

Key dates

  • 1936

    Motor cruiser built by A M Dickie & Son at Tarbert, Loch Lyne

  • 1999

    Most of her was life spent in Scottish Waters but she is now based on the South Coast

  • October 2018

    Vessel reported to be up for sale

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

Albaquila sailing

Registered, built 1947 by Osbourne, William, Littlehampton

Photo of Maid of Conway @ 2017 lying at Gweek Classic Boatyard before start of Mr Paul Morgans restoration.

Registered, built 1960 by Crossfield Brothers, Conway

Token exterior August 2020

Registered, built 1948 by Silver, James A Ltd, Rosneath

Monya - starboard view

Registered, built 1933 by McBryde, W G