- 1945 - 1954 Juliet
WILLIAM III is a former Admiralty launch, now used as a pleasure yacht. Her official number was 185694 and she was built by Groves & Gutteridge Ltd, at East Cowes in 1945. In 1999, she had an internal combustion engine made by Parsons Engineering Co Ltd. She has a transom stern, and is carvel built with a raked stem. Built as JULIET in 1945, she was purchased on 11 August 1954 for £300 by Major David William Llewellyn Evans of 119 Folkestone Road, Dover (rubber planter). On 22 September 1954 she was transferred to Anglo Continental Import & Export Co and she was then sold again on 19 September 1955 by Evans to Reginald George Forbes Bassett of 44 Lennox Gardens SW1. Her port of registry changed to Dover when she was sold to Frederick Lunn, c/o Midland Bank, Hastings. In November 1955, she was bought by H L R Croucher of 141 Snargate St, Dover. She was then sold on 4 March 1963 to Marjorie Grace Stewart of 28 Carew Road, Eastbourne who was a nurse.
Built by Groves & Gutteridge Ltd at East Cowes as an Admiralty launch
Sold out of service to Major David William Llewellyn Evans of Dover, a rubber planter
Ownership transferred to Anglo Continental Import & Export Co. Ltd
Sold to Reginald George Forbes Bassett of London
Sold to Frederick Lunn of Hastings
Sold to Herbert Louis Reginald Croucher of Dover
Sold to Marjorie Grace Stewart of Eastbourne
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org