Heritage Harbour Development Officer
Salary Daily rate of £200
Hours 15 hours per week (annualised) - 2 year fixed term contract
Location Hybrid - Between Custom House and Harbour Office, Exeter, and home
Exeter Canal & Quay Trust are seeking to appoint the above post, a brand new role for the city. The role is an exciting opportunity for somebody with a thorough knowledge of the maritime sector, experience working with heritage and classic boat owners and of organising public events.
The post will be based on 15 hours per week but on annualised hours, on a self-employed contractual basis for a fixed term period of 2 years. Your contract will be with Exeter Canal & Quay Trust.
The post holder will have access to office space at the Custom House and at the Harbour Office - it is expected that the role will be a combination of home and on site working.
The post-holder will be part of two teams.
- The Exeter Canal & Quay Trust team based at the Custom House
- The Canal and Harbours team under the direction of the Harbourmaster
This post will be line managed by the ECQT Project Co-ordinator assisted by members of the Heritage Harbour Group. Invoices will be submitted to Exeter Canal & Quay Trust on 1st of each month, payable within 14 days of receipt. This post is offered on a daily rate of £200 to include travel and expenses unless agreed otherwise.
The post will lead on the development of the Exeter Heritage Harbour concept by:
- Widely publicising the facilities within the harbour and canal available to boat owners
- Promoting the use of the harbour by boat owners, particularly owners of classic and traditional vessels.
- Assist in the development of strategies outlined in the Heritage Harbour Route Map.
- Contributing to the development of a regular programme of events that celebrate the Heritage Harbour, in partnership with the Programme Co-ordinator and the Digital Media Support role at Exeter Canal & Quay Trust.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate can evidence experience as follows:
- A thorough knowledge of maritime issues pertinent to the use of harbours, estuaries and canals.
- Experience of working with classic boat owners.
- Experience of organising public events.
- Ability to initiate actions appropriate to the role.
- Good communicator and an ability to relate to a wide range of potential partners in particular stakeholders connected with the heritage harbour initiative.
- Easy access to Exeter Quayside area.
- Familiarity with grant funding, both management and seeking funds.
How to Apply
Please find attached the Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, send an up to date CV plus a covering letter, explaining why you are interested in the role and how your experience would enable you to best meet the above objectives. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.Closing date PDF FINAL-Job-Description-and-Person-Specification-for-Heritage-Harbour-Development-Officer-2-1.pdf Job type Contract Remuneration Contract Salary £200 per day Job zone South West Respond Contact Anna Gilroy Contact email email@example.com