Lead Facilities Manager
Salary (Grade 7): £38,006 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week - permanent
Location: Work across the National Museum of the Royal Navy based at the Portsmouth Harbour Sites with occasional travel to Yeovilton, Hartlepool and Belfast.
The National Museum’s vision is to be the world’s most inspiring Naval Museum: inspiring learning, enjoyment, and engagement with the story of the Royal Navy and its impact in shaping the modern world. We are recruiting for an experienced Lead Facilities Manager working within the Conservation and Maintenance team based at our Portsmouth Harbour Sites. This is a unique opportunity to play a leading role in caring for some of Portsmouth’s oldest buildings and helping to ensure the NMRN’s visitors have a safe, extraordinary and enriching day out. You will lead the work of our Facilities Technicians in delivering planned and reactive maintenance to our Portsmouth Harbour Sites, and support the work of the facilities team at HMS Caroline in Belfast. With a positive attitude and ability to lead, manage and motivate your team, you will work collaboratively with other diverse teams across the museum.
• Opportunity to be involved in interesting and challenging work within a unique heritage environment.
• Lead the team working to improve and maintain the NMRN’s historic buildings.
• Develop new ways of working for the benefit of the Facilities Team and museum.
• Further develop a program of planned maintenance to ensure the sites remain safe, inspiring and enjoyable for our visitor’s, staff and volunteers.
• Develop key working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong Facilities Management background.
• Experience of working with Facilities Management software.
• Practical experience of Health and Safety and producing risk assessments.
• Experience of safe working at height, maintenance of access registers and mobile access equipment.
• Experience working with the public and having a customer centric approach to completing repairs in a busy environment.
• Experience of procurement and management of contractors is essential.
• Knowledge of the legal framework for controlling risks such as fire, asbestos and legionella.
• The opportunity to be part of a friendly and diverse workplace within a unique heritage environment.
• Group pension plan with Royal London (6% employer contributions, 2% employee contributions and death in service benefit).
• Free onsite parking
• 25 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays), increasing to 30 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays) after 5 years’ service.
• Occupational sick pay.
• Enhanced maternity/adoption and paternity pay.
• Flexible working.
• Employee Assistance Programme.
• Free admission to other national museums and attractions within the reciprocal agreement.
• Discounts at our shops and cafes.
• Free and discounted tickets for family and friends.
This post requires a DBS check as a requirement of working on the naval base. This is not a UK sponsored visa role, therefore candidates must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role.Closing date PDF Role Profile - Lead Facilities Manager February 2024.pdf Job type Permanent Remuneration Salary Salary Salary (Grade 7): £38,006 per annum Job zone South East Respond
For further details, or to arrange an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Roy Smith, Conservation and Maintenance Manager, at email@example.com or 023 9289 1370 Ext: 2091 Applicants are asked to apply via https://jobs.nmrn.org.uk/ no later than midnight, Tuesday 20 February 2024. We will be conducting interviews at the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, Portsmouth, week commencing 4 March 2024. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made to the application process because of a disability, please contact the HR team on firstname.lastname@example.org for support.Contact Ginny Thomas Contact email email@example.com