Plymouth Waterfront Partnership (PWP) seeks a new Business Liaison Manager.
Salary £28-30,000 per annum, 40 hours per week, approx. 8.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday. Occasional weekend or evening may be required as you will play a role in arranging events such as Plymouth Pirates Weekend, Plymouth Seafood & Harbour Festival and the Barbican Christmas Lights Switch-On.
The role is varied and will report directly to the CEO.
You will actively engage with 700+ businesses within PWP’s Business Improvement District (BID) area and will be their main point of contact.
You will also manage a Street Ambassador whose duties will also be to engage with the PWP Levy Payers.
If you’re a confident person, a great communicator who loves building relationships and an excellent multi-tasker with lots of resilience and a positive attitude, we’d really like to hear from you.
- Pay: £28-30,000 subject to experience, and based on 40 hours per week.
- Bonus: 2.5% of all sponsorship, grant funding or project management income secured; based on agreed KPIs.
- Reporting To: CEO Plymouth Waterfront Partnership
- Work Pattern: 5 days a week Monday to Friday 8.30 till 4.30. Some evening, weekend and bank holiday working may be required.
Purpose of The Job:
The Business Liaison Manager role is to support the CEO and businesses of Plymouth Waterfront Partnership to deliver the Plymouth Waterfront Partnership Ltd Business Plan. To work closely with businesses within the Plymouth Waterfront Partnership Business Improvement District (BID) area providing a helpful, welcoming, and informative point of contact for Levy Payers.
- Support the CEO of the Plymouth Waterfront Partnership in the quality delivery of BID services at street level, collecting feedback and suggestions from Levy Payers and the local community.
- Provide a positive, friendly, welcoming, and visible presence within the Plymouth Waterfront Business Improvement District area.
- To provide line management responsibility to the Ambassador programme to deliver an improved visitor experience, liaising with BID Levy Payers to ensure the Business Improvement District operates effectively and that any operational issues are resolved quickly.
- The Business Liaison Manager will operate a drop in surgery once a week in each area of the BID to ensure that each Levy Payer is aware of the services provided by the Business Improvement District, whilst also providing a high-quality visitor support service.
- Will provide Levy Payers with information on the facilities, shops, services, and attractions of the Business Improvement District.
- To be friendly, courteous, and helpful, ensuring that an exceptionally high standard of customer service is always delivered.
- Support the running of Plymouth Waterfront Partnership events programme, ensuring they are of the highest standards; and supportive and beneficial to our Levy Payers, ensuring all KPIs are outlined to those involved and feedback passed to CEO for future planning.
- Key input into new events and initiatives, introducing new ideas.
- To assist with the day to day operational activities of the Plymouth Waterfront Partnership Ltd
- To manage the day to day line management of the Ambassador Programme
- To act as first point of call for BID operational and Levy enquiries
- To maintain an up to date Plymouth Waterfront Partnership contacts database using the Solomon CRM Systems
- To maintain up to date information on the Plymouth Waterfront Partnership Website, working with our social media agency (external)
- To support the design and management of BID events in partnership with PCC events team
- To support the design and management of marketing campaigns for BID events and activities
- To increase sponsorship and income from BID events
- To increase business participation during BID events
- To service all Board, Advisory Panel, and subgroup meetings
- Create and distribute the Business Welcome Pack to all new Levy Payers
- To provide a presentable, highly visible, approachable, and friendly BID presence
- Maintain an excellent understanding of Plymouth Waterfront Partnership operations, businesses, events, attractions, and Business Improvement District activities
- To improve communication between the BID members and relevant partners within the Business Improvement District area in many formats including printed and electronic material
- To hold regular drop-in sessions for Levy Payers across the Waterfront BID Area
- Complete 1-2-1 business visits daily to discuss business needs, suggestions, security matters and record incidents, complaints, or other feedback
- Provide training to new recruits and work experience participants
- Welcoming, helpful and polite
- Confident and excellent communicator
- Able to build strong working relationships
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and happy to “go the extra mile”
- Resourceful, proactive, resilient and reliable
- Able to plan own workload and balance competing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong character able to deal with a wide variety of partners and businesses
- Good understanding of public sector structures
- Customer service experience
- BID experience
Please email your CV and covering letter to Patrick Knight, Interim CEO, PWP, Email: Patrick.Knight@plymouth.gov.ukContact Patrick Knight Contact email Patrick.Knight@plymouth.gov.uk