ARE YOU A CARPENTER WHO SAILS AND HAS AN INTEREST IN HISTORY?
Jersey Heritage are looking for a full-time Historic Fleet Technician, who can lead the team of volunteers who are responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of our historic timber boats at the Maritime Museum. The successful candidate will also look after the operation of the Fort Regent Signal Station.
Find out more and apply at www.jerseyheritage.org/jobs/historic-fleet-technician
- Strong Carpentry skills preferably with the knowledge of boat construction methods
- A keen interest in boats with both knowledge and experience of boat handling and a knowledge of local waters
- Previous experience of managing/supervising a team would be desirable
- Strong people skills enabling strong and effective working relationships with those in your team and across the wider organisation
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety compliance requirements. Experience of assessing and managing operational risk, including risk assessments
- Able to plan and organise. Able work on own initiative without immediate assistance from manager and take responsibility for getting things done
- Full, clean driving licence is desirable