The internship offered here provides an opportunity to experience a role in the communications department of EcoClipper, a sustainable sailing cargo passenger company. As a communications intern you are assigned to the Chief Communications Officer and during the course of the internship you work closely together to communicate the EcoClipper story.
• You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (additional Dutch
would be a plus).
• Knowledge or experience with, or interest in, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and/or
other social media platforms.
• Strong attention to detail and organisational skills.
• Knowledge or interest in sailing, environmental sustainability and shipping is a plus.
DUTIES OR TASKS:
• Assist with social media engagement by helping manage social media channels.
• Drafting and editing copy and content for social media channels.
• Monitoring social media web analytics on a weekly basis (e.g. page views, twitter followers),
and provide reports of growth and other activity.
• Marketing/Crowdfunding focus which includes engaging with team on a regular basis to brainstorm ideas for new and innovative marketing and social media campaigns.
• Assist with gathering data and writing marketing reports. Working with a variety of marketing and public relations strategies.
INTERN RELATIONSHIPS: You work/study under direct supervision of the Chief Communications Officer (CCO).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Internships are unpaid. There is a weekly minimum hour's requirement of 8 hours.
• When the internship is full-time, a weekly reimbursement of €100 will be considered.
• Informal, educational, entrepreneurial, and flexible atmosphere.
• The opportunity to make our world a better place and be at the core of the growth phase of a shipping start-up that the global market is desperately waiting for.
• Travel allowance on the basis of public transport will be considered.
INTERNSHIP SCHEDULE: An intern's hours are mutually agreed upon by the interns and their supervisor. They should be between 8 and 40 hours per week for a period of at least four, and a maximum of fifty weeks.
WORKING FROM HOME/ACCOMMODATION: EcoClipper is based in the Netherlands. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, most of the EcoClipper team work from home. They conduct meetings through Skype in Central European Time.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter.