The historic sailing vessel Irene is offering up to 2 trainee positions this year:
What Irene is offering:
- up to 6 months of intensive on-board experience, with guidance and training from Irene's professional crew
- full bed and board
- the chance to experience a sailing season, log sea time and develop a host of skills
- sailing in Cornwall, the Scilly Isles, the Irish Sea and Bristol Channel
- the chance to help prep Irene ahead of the Season, and/or 'put her to bed' at the end.
The ideal candidate:
- aged 18-25
- enthusiastic about traditional sailing, and keen to learn: sail handling, deck skills, navigation maintenance and rigging, charter hospitality
- hard-working, committed, cheerful, sociable and patient
- available for 5th April - 14th July 2021 or 14th July - 1st October 2021 or the full season 5th April to 1st October.
How to apply:
Deadline for applications Friday 12th March 2021
Send a CV and covering letter which answers the following questions to: email@example.com
- Why do you think you would be a great addition to Irene's crew?
- What do you want to get out of the experience?
- What attracts you to this kind of sailing? Would you like a future in the traditional sailing industry?
- Describe a situation you have been in where resilience and teamwork were essential
- It's the middle of the night, it's cold and wet, the mood on deck is miserable. What would you do to cheer everyone up?
- Describe your availability, can you do April to July, July to October, or both?
See the PDF below for all details, including terms and conditions of this offer.