1. Building new built vessel’s areas to owners’ requirements from drawings and specifications.
– Fit floor joists to accommodate soundproofing and insulation.
– Board out floors in marine grade 18mm plywood.
– Build all walls and partitions from fire treated timbers.
– Build and install bunks, seat lockers etc. in accommodation.
– Manufacture and install bespoke wardrobes and units.
– Clad stud walls with marine grade decorative laminated boards.
– Form, board and laminate internal and external corners.
– Manufacture and install both straight and curved skirting and architraves from hardwood.
– Manufacture and install bespoke kitchen units.
– Manufacture and install Corian worktops.
– Line out shower rooms in wet wall boards and trims.
– Other relevant jobs.
2. Insulation of vessel areas to marine standards.
3. Installation of wooden decks to marine standards on new build and repaired vessels.
4. Undertaking general repairs on vessels.
5. Refit and modernization work on vessels.
To see full job description and how to apply, visit here.Closing date Job type Full-time Qualifications
Must be able to use safely:
– General hand tools associated with the trade;
– Fixed woodworking machines: table saw, mortise machine, planers, sanders, spindle moulder, crosscut saw etc.;
– Handheld machines: drill / impact driver, routers, hand planers, plunge saws, jigsaw, circular saw, Paslode nail gun (2nd fix), chop saw, sanders, edge banders etc.
Personal qualities required:
– Good attention to detail;
– Effective communication skills;
– Self-motivation and ability to work effectively without supervision;
– Ability to handle pressure and meet targets / deadlines;
– Practical approach to work.
Qualifications and experience:
– Time served joiner;
– Ideally experience in maritime / shipbuilding industries