Job Title: Marketing & PR Officer
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 depending on experience
Location: Windermere Jetty Museum of Boats, Steam and Stories and Blackwell, The Arts & Crafts House depending on work requirements
Reporting to: Business Development Manager
As Marketing & PR Officer, you’ll support the Business Development Manager in the delivery of the Lakeland Arts Marketing Strategy to grow visitor numbers, extend our reputation for high quality programming and as a quality visitor destination and improve our commercial income.
Supporting the Business Development Manager, you’ll help develop and deliver our marketing communication strategies for Windermere Jetty, Museum or Boats, Steam and Stories, Blackwell, The Arts & Crafts House, as well as promoting our Friends Membership package, and supporting communications around the redevelopment of Abbot Hall Art Gallery.
You’ll be responsible for the marketing and comms strategy for each of our visitor attractions, devising and co-ordinating marketing campaigns, with a focus on visitor activities, groups, events, catering and private hire.
You’ll support colleagues across Lakeland Arts with marketing and engagement and activity, and design and print as required.
- Review, develop and improve Lakeland Arts’ offline marketing, PR and communications, with the purpose of increasing visitor numbers, visits, memberships and building our engaged community.
- Champion accessible, intelligent communication across all media and digital platforms to share information with the widest possible audience and raise profile of Lakeland Arts to wider audiences.
- Support the Lakeland Arts Marketing Strategy enabling us to best inform existing audiences and grow new active communities for each of our sites (Windermere Jetty, Blackwell, and supporting our closed programme for Abbot Hall). Using creativity and intel produce compelling content, enhance the customer experience, encourage repeat visits, drive sales and capture audience data to build our customer understanding to inform future marketing.
- Lead Lakeland Arts’ internal communications ensuring engaging content and thorough dissemination across all sites.
- Promote, develop and manage the Lakeland Arts brand and values, including producing Lakeland Arts Design Guidance and acting as brand guardian managing the brand guidelines internally and externally.
- Promote Lakeland Arts brand and values internally, including producing Lakeland Arts design guidance and acting as brand guardian, managing the brand guidelines internally and externally.
- Support the Executive and Senior Management Team in Lakeland Arts media relations and growth of executive equity.
- Undertake regular in-house, Audience Agency and commissioned visitor research to understand the Lakeland Arts audiences and to inform Lakeland Arts strategic and business planning
- Analyse and evaluate all marketing campaigns to build success of future campaigns and meet any external funding or lenders reporting requirements.
- Ensure all CRM databases are updated, developed, maintained and compliant with data protection legislation.
- Help deliver strong strategic partnerships and networks locally, regionally, nationally and internationally to build Lakeland Arts’ profile to develop awareness of its programming and activities, and to enhance groups travel visits.
- Support the design and delivery of Lakeland Arts’ publications and publishing plan with appropriate providers ensuring value for money.
- Contribute to delivering Lakeland Arts’ Strategic Plan and Business Planning in addition to other strategies and plans as appropriate.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organisation, including attracting new audiences and delivering high quality visitor experience.
- Support delivery of Lakeland Arts’ capital development projects.
- Represent Lakeland Arts as required at stakeholder events, meetings, private views, events etc.
- Take an active interest in continued professional development.
This job description outlines the principal responsibilities and duties of the post holder. It is not meant to be, nor is it, an exhaustive list of specific responsibilities and duties. The post holder will be expected to undertake any other duties which could reasonably be expected as being within the remit of the post and which arise out of changes of legislation, regulations, orders, rules and working practices, methods and procedures and reviews, as directed from time to time.
For further details and how to apply, please see PDF link below.
Closing Date: 17 February 20
Interview Date: 24 February 20