The Mary Rose Trust is seeking a Curator.
This position offers a rare opportunity to acquire a deep knowledge of the collection and archive and to contribute to curation and exhibition development for the future.
You will create and deliver high quality, engaging exhibitions, displays and public events, ensure that exhibition development remains rooted in integrity, authenticity, sound research and compelling storytelling. You will inspire others with the evolving Mary Rose story, from staff and volunteers to potential donors and external partners, whilst ensuring that Mary Rose’s profile and reputation in the academic and specialist world remains high.
- To develop a deep knowledge and understanding of the collection and archive.
- To develop themes that relate artefacts/stories to contemporary audiences as well as within the wider Tudor context.
- To originate content for new exhibitions and experiences.
- To keep abreast of latest creative interpretation and presentation techniques.
- To ensure that current and future exhibitions are accessible to all.
- To maintain high standards of presentation, refreshing aspects when necessary.
- To work with colleagues to select artefacts for conservation and display.
- To encourage and facilitate research into the collection, both internally and through fostering external partnerships.
- To collect, record and catalogue research information; ensuring that the knowledge is safeguarded.
- To strive to publish research within journals, exhibition catalogues, Mary Rose publications or online.
- To share knowledge with staff and volunteers through lectures and tours.
- To present at conferences and workshops.
- To ensure that Mary Rose maintains a strong public profile in academic areas of speciality, the museum sector and the wider public.
This is a unique opportunity to make a difference for a national icon. To apply, please submit your CV, and covering letter outlining with examples why you meet the criteria of the role profile at the link below.
This post has a minimum requirement of two references which must be your current or most recent employer.
Please see the Job page for a full Role Description and to appy for this role.
Closing date: Friday 1st October 2021 at 5pm
Closing date Job type Full-time Remuneration Salary Salary £30,000 Job location South East