The Mary Rose Trust is seeking for a Retail Supervisor that will supervise the running of the Mary Rose retail operation so that it is commercially successful and consistently exceeds our visitors expectations. You will help ensure that the shop is an integral part of the visitor experience and reflects the iconic status of the Mary Rose museum.
You will effectively stock and merchandise products to achieve stretching financial targets, maximise income and profitability. You will also supervise a team of paid and voluntary retail team.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- Strong customer service ethos.
- Experience of buying retail lines and delivering margins.
- Experience of managing stock control methods.
- Experience in applying retail best practice across retail environment.
- Experience of merchandising and adding theatre to displays.
- Experience of growing spend per visitor.
- Strong people skills enabling good relationships. With your team of staff and volunteers and the wider museum.
- People management skills, supporting the setting of individual objectives and providing feedback for performance and development reviews.
- Volunteer management skills.
- Good financial acumen to maximise income and control costs.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety compliance requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to identify opportunities to develop the retail offer.
- Competent IT skills, previous experience with retail management systems.
- Understanding of undertaking online retail sales.
Closing date Job type Permanent Remuneration Salary Salary £19,500 per annum Respond
To apply, please submit your CV, and covering letter stating why you would like the role and why you think you are suitable to firstname.lastname@example.org.Contact email email@example.com