This programme will give those studying in relevant disciplines the opportunity to experience working in the heritage sector as part of a paid internship. The programme will initially run for three years from 2022, creating 12-week placements for four candidates each summer.
Throughout the programme we will be establishing internships in a variety of disciplines related to understanding and caring for our collection and associated archive. This year we will be offering the following positions:
Curatorial Intern – visitor evaluation of different styles of interpretation available in our museum, alongside research into our collection and exploring new ways to exhibit our collection and story.
Conservation Intern – recording and analysing data from the Mary Rose hull, such as movement taken from tell-tale markers and automated readings from installed systems.
Collections Intern – cataloguing and researching material held in our collection, alongside working with new material acquired during the year of the 40th anniversary of the raising of the Mary Rose.
Heritage Science Intern – using analytical techniques to understand the properties of materials in our collection to aid conservation, with a focus on imaging and synchrotron techniques.
The application process:
- Complete a CV (max 2 pages) and a cover letter (max 1 page) detailing why you would like to complete an internship at the Mary Rose and why you are suitable for the position
- Send to the Deputy Chief Executive, Eleanor Schofield at email@example.com
- Deadline for applications is 13th May 2022
- Interviews will be held on the 23rd / 24th May either online or in person, depending on circumstances
- Successful candidates will be notified by the 26th May 2022
Terms & Conditions:
- Salary is £18,278 (pro rata)
- The position is 37 hours per week from Monday to Friday; occasional weekend work possible, but not mandatory
- Annual leave is accrued at rate of 22 days per annum (pro rata)
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate eligibility to live and work in the UK
- The position will be for 12 weeks, from 27th June to 17th September (some flexibility in this if required)
- Open to undergraduate, masters level students, or equivalent
Click here to find out moreClosing date Job type Full-time Remuneration Salary