Cutty Sark clipper ship is a National Treasure. The main responsibility for this post is to maintain the original fabric of the ship to ensure Cutty Sark is preserved for visitors to enjoy now and in the future.
The successful candidate must be practical, resourceful, and enthusiastic and take a pride in their work. They should have the skills listed below:
- Competent at surface finishes with a knowledge of materials
- Woodworking skills
- Have a flexible approach to work and be able to work under pressure either in a team or on your own initiative
- Some work will be carried out at high level, within restricted areas, outside, and some heavy lifting will be required
- Up to date training for all machinery, handling equipment, working at heights, etc.
- Experience in working within a heritage context and preferably on a historic ship
- City and Guild qualification in carpentry and joinery or equivalent.
Details of how to apply, please visit www.rmg.co.uk/jobs