Jobs in Maritime currently have a vacancy for a site maintenance electrician (shipyard).
The successful candidate will be required to maintain the fixed wiring, electrical equipment and plant owned by and complete repair work aboard sea going vessels.
Salary will depend on experience and qualifications
44 hours per week and overtime is equivalent of 1.5 regular hourly rate.
Duties will Include:
- Maintenance and repairs of all fixed wiring from 110VAC to 415VAC.
- Functional tests, surveys and electrical testing, keeping up to date accurate records of results.
- Provide temporary lighting and power solutions to all trades when required.
- Portable Appliance Testing to a Schedule ensuring all equipment’s tests are in date.
- Occasional repair work aboard sea going vessels.
- Fabrication of cable trays and conduits.
- Fabrication of mounting brackets etc.
- Any other task within the individual’s competence as directed by the company.
See full job description and how to apply here.Closing date Job type Full-time Qualifications
- At least a level 3 vocational qualification in an electrical subject.
- Be able to interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
- Plan own work and carry out in a safe manner in line with current regulations.
- Keen to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Be competent working alone and as part of a team.
- Experience in fixed wiring and portable appliance testing.
- C&G Level 3 in Electrical Installation
- 18th edition Certificate
- Marine experience
- C&G 2391/2395+2394 Inspection and Testing certificate