The Steam Tug Portwey Trust are seeking a Company Secretary and Administrator
This post is purely voluntary and unpaid.
Out of pocket expenses may be claimed in accordance with the Trust’s guidelines.
The person appointed to this post reports to: Committee of Management.
The person appointed to this post will be elected to the Committee of Management in accordance with the Constitution
The responsibilities and duties are as follows:
Company Secretary Element
- Monitor advisory e-mails from Companies House and The Charity Commission.
- Act on and disseminate information from Companies House and The Charity Commission.
- Make annual returns to Companies House and the Charities Commission
- Ensure the registers at Companies House and Charites Commission are kept up to date
- File annual returns and accounts with Companies House and Charites Commission.
- Ensure the Trust is operated in accordance with the current Companies Act.
- Represent and promote the Trust and liaise with other societies and organisations as required
- Oversee alterations and additions to the Trust’s procedures, on the sanction of the Committee of Management
- Administer Society correspondence
- Attend Committee meetings unless some other person is delegated to fulfil the above role during individual’s absence
- Formulate agendas for Trust meetings
- Receive, collate, prepare and present reports at Committee meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
- Liaise with the representatives of other bodies and societies in arranging the venue for the Annual General Meeting of the Trust to be held.
- Carry out other duties as agreed by the Committee of Management
Minute Secretary Element
- Record the minutes of Committee and Annual General Meetings of the Trust.
- Provide the Chairman with minutes of Committee and Annual General Meetings, to be “signed off” by the Chairman following approval or amendments by the Committee or Annual General Meeting following the meeting to which the minutes refer.
- On completion circulate minutes to all members of the Committee, and to all those present at the Annual General Meeting.
- Raise any matters needing clarification with the Chairman before drafting Minutes.
- Attend Committee and Annual General Meetings when available. When unavailable the role is to be delegated to a substitute Committee member, or Trust member present at the Committee meeting or Annual General Meeting.
Enquiries to be sent to Steve Page, Chairman:
Staplens Cottage, 58 Potley Hill Road, Yateley, Hants, GU46 6AG
Closing date for interest: 31 January 2021