The Tall Ship Glenlee is recruiting for a Learning & Access Officer.
The Learning & Access Officer manages the development and delivery of educational aspects of the Tall Ship Glenlee (both formal and informal).
The Tall Ship Glenlee’s formal learning programme includes guided tours, workshops on the Glenlee, the Titanic, WWI, Pirates and more. The majority of visiting pupils are primary-aged but the ship also hosts nursery school, secondary school, college, university and overseas groups.
The informal education programme includes tours and visits for out of school groups (both adults and children), drop-in craft sessions, toddler sessions, learning events (including talks) and various seasonal activities.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Managing education staff/volunteers (scheduling, training etc.)
- Delivery and Development of educational workshops, tours, events, activities, projects.
- Development of online learning programmes.
- Evaluation of educational activities.
- tracking of data for schools, groups and individuals that engage with education activities.
- Managing the education department budget.
- Marketing and promotion of the education activities specifically and the ship more generally.
- Social media strategy and activity.
- Liaison with educational customers (schools, colleges, universities, tourist companies, community groups, corporate groups and the general public) for bookings and other projects.
- Liaison with similar organisations (museums, charities etc.)
- Other aspect of the delivery of educational activity (risk assessments, policy, function sheets and brief/debrief, Disclosure, etc.)
- Compiling and communicating reports (monthly, quarterly and yearly).
This is a full-time role.
Salary to be negotiated.
Full details on their Facebook Job page, including LinkedIn details for full job spec here.