Certificate no 140
Status Registered
a12admin

Details

Function Service Vessel
Subfunction Light vessel
Location Canvey Island
Vessel type Lightship
Current use None
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required Yes

Construction

Builder Hill, Charles & Sons, Bristol
Built in 1869
Hull material Wood
Rig None
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 0
Propulsion Towed
Primary engine type None
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Breadth: Beam
21.48 feet (6.55 m)
Depth
10.98 feet (3.35 m)
Length: Overall
105.67 feet (32.23 m)
Tonnage: Gross
0.00
Air Draft
To be confirmed

History

LV 44 was built in 1869 as a Trinity House light vessel with a wooden hull. She was sold out of service in 1945 to Erith Yacht Club and later to Pitsea Motor Yacht Club. She is now lying derelict at Pitsea Country Park.

Sources

Peter Williams, Leading Lights (Volume 1 Edition 3, 1995, pp57-60) Light Vessel Directory pub: Peter Williams Asociates
Nick and Simons, Phil Hall, Essex Wet 'n' Dry (1996)

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

Light Vessel 50 HY Tyne - starboard view

Lightship built 1879 by Unknown

starboard side view

Lightship built 1915 by Dublin Dockyard Company

starboard side view

Lightship built 1878 by Victoria Shipbuilding Company, Cork, Southern Ireland

starboard side view

Lightship built 1938 by Philip & Son, Dartmouth