built 1924 by Van Duijvendijk, T, Holland
To be confirmed
20.00 feet (6.10 metres)
77.20 feet (23.55 metres)
9.60 feet (2.93 metres)
KNOCKER WHITE is a traditional Thames tug, built in 1924 by T. van Duivendijk, Lekkerkerk, Netherlands as CAIRNROCK, for Harrisons Lighterage Company, London. She was traditionally steam-powered. She later passed into the ownership of W. E. White & Sons, Rotherhithe, and in 1960 was renamed with the nickname of one of the White family. She was converted to diesel power with the installation of Petters engines, and alterations were made to both the funnel and wheelhouse. In November 1982, she was sold for scrap, and parts of her engines were removed. In 1984, after a 60 year working life, she was reprieved and became part of the Museum of London Docklands. Source: Paul Brown, Historic Ships The Survivors (Amberley, 2010), updated Feb 2011.
In 2016, she was acquired by Trinity Buoy Wharf Trust and transferred to Trinity Buoy Wharf.
- 1924 – 1960Cairnrock
a single pin or one of a pair rising vertically from the sheer and acting in a variety of ways to provide a fulcrum for the oar