DINAH was built in 1887 by Gill & Sons of Rochester as a Thames Sailing Barge, not built to trade but as a pleasure vessel and is one of the earliest surviving examples of a barge yacht. She is a vessel of timber construction with a Ford diesel engine.
Her first owner was the Honourable Reginald Thomas Dudley Brougham of London. Her registered owners are: 1888 Reginald T. D. Brougham, London; 1890 Arthur G. Potter, Islington, London; 1891 Ernest Cecil Latter, Corinthian Club, Piccadilly, London; 1904 Aubrey Stuart, South Hampstead, London; 1907 Lilian Macmahon, Ramsgate; 1911 Frederick G. Ensor, City of London; 1913 Howard Hollingsworth, North Lowestoft; 1919 Matthew L. Crane, Ipswich; 1921 Gerald N. Newton, Piccadilly, London; 1923 Garnet J. Oswell, Stratford, Essex; 1929 Capt. H.E.D. Cullen (M.C.), Surrey; 1933 Louise M. Milward, Old Windsor; 1947 Rupert Brooke, Lowestoft; 1952 Sam Street, Lowestoft; 1954 M.W. Pratt & M.B. Prichard; 1979 Aidan & Yvonne de la Mare; 2006 Richard Johnson; 2013 P. Knopp & J. Armour-Marshall. By 1979 Dinah was lying derelict in a lighter in Sharpness, Gloucestershire. She was then purchased by Aidan de la Mare and his wife Yvonne, and taken by land to Dock End Yard, Ipswich, where initial restoration work was undertaken by Roy Woods before she moved to Chelmondiston and, later, Southwold. Restoration work was finally completed in June 2006. From 2006 onwards Dinah was moored at Iken on the Alde, Suffolk. In 2013, after further repairs in Maldon, Essex, she was moved to London with her current owners.
Built by G W Gill, Rochester
First owned by The Hon Reginald Thomas Sudley Brougham, London
Owned by Arthur G Potter, Islington, London
Owned by Ernest Cecil Latter, Corinthian Club, Piccadilly, London
Owned by Aubrey Stuart, South Hampstead, London
Owned by Lilian Macmahon, Ramsgate
Owned by Frederick G Ensor, City of London
Owned by H Hollingsworth, North Lowestoft
Owned by Matthew L Crane, Ipswich
Owned by Gerald N Newton, Piccadilly, London
Owned by Garnet J Oswell, Stratford, Essex
Owned by Capt H E D Cullen (MC), Surrey
Owned by Louise Milward, Old Windsor
Owned by Rupert Brooke, Lowestoft
Owned by Sam Street, Lowestoft
Owned by M W Pratt and M B Prichard
Owned by Aiden & Yvonne de la Mare
Owned by Richard Johnson
Acquired by current owners
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org