Light Vessel 86 Nore
built 1931 by White, J Samuel & Co Ltd, Cowes, Isle of Wight
To be confirmed
21.48 feet (6.55 metres)
86.60 feet (26.21 metres)
9.51 feet (2.90 metres)
Built in 1931 by J Samuel White of Cowes, Isle of Wight, LV 86 is a Trinity House lightship built for and stationed at the Nore. LV 86 was equipped with a dioptric electric fixed lantern and had three Crossley semi diesel generators. She was stationed at numerous locations between 1931 to 1974, these included Edinburgh, Cork, Blackwell and Nore. She was then sold to new owners who removed her to St Katherine’s Dock in London where she was first a static exhibit and then offices for yacht brokers. She was later sold and used as a houseboat berthed at Port Werburgh, Hoo on the River Medway.
We are lacking information on this particular vessel. If you have any information on this vessel past or present, please contact us.
- 1931 – LV 86
- 1941-1942 Vessel served on Nore station
- 1946-1962 Vessel served on Cork station
- 1974 Vessel sold to St Katherine Haven and served as floating exhibit at St Katharine Dock
- 1996 Vessel sold into private ownership
metal bar forming the keel of a metal vessel