National Historic Ships UK strive to make their services accessible and usable for all users. This website has features that allow its users to find the information they need in the way they find easiest.
This website has been built to comply with the World Wide Web Consortiums WCAG A standard and has the following features:
This site is built using XHTML and cascading style sheets. This creates a fast loading website that is accessible to screen readers and is usable in most browsers, including older browsers and browsers available on non-Windows systems.
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing access keys
- 0 - Accessibility
- 1 - Home page
- 2 - Skip navigation
- 3 - Sitemap
- 4 - Search
The key combination for these access keys depends on your web browser.
- Internet Explorer (Windows) Alt + access key, followed by Enter.
- Firefox 1.5 and below, Mozilla, Netscape 6 and above (Windows) Alt + access key.
- Firefox 2 (Windows) Alt + Shift + access key.
- Opera (Windows and Macintosh) Shift + Esc + access key.
Macintosh browsers (Safari 1.2, Internet Explorer 5.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6 and above) Ctrl + access key.
- This site has been designed to be compatible with the text resizing features available in your browser. To change the text size use one of the following methods:
- Internet Explorer 6 (Windows) From the top menu bar, select View and point to Text size
- Internet Explorer 7 (Windows) From the menu bar underneath the search field, select Page and point to Text size
- Other Windows browsers Increase text size: Hold down the Ctrl key and press + Decrease text size: Hold down the Ctrl key and press -
- Macintosh browsers Increase text size: Hold down the Command key and press + Decrease text size: Hold down the Command key and press -
We offer a text only version of our site with options to change foreground and background colours. It provides a faster browsing experience for those using mobile devices or on slow connections. The site can be read whatever size and type of screen you use. The text only version is exactly the same site without the images and layout. It is not a separate site. This guarantees that the information will always be exactly the same no matter how it is viewed. To change to text only, click the link at the top of the page.
Images and design
All images have ALT tags. Where appropriate, ALT tags provide screen reader users and those with images turned off with a description of the content of the picture.