PEACOCK was built as a flyboat for Fellows, Morton & Clayton at Saltley, Birmingham in 1915. She worked with their northern fleet until nationalisation in 1948. She was then sold and used as a tug and a houseboat between 1952 and 1993 when it was bought by Birmingham Museums.
Now on display at the Black Country Living Museum, PEACOCK has been described as being in the most original condition of any of the FMC boats: never converted or altered, she still has most of the original fittings. The engine dates from the 1920s and is a 15hp Bolinder.
Built by Fellows, Morton and Clayton of Saltey Dock, Birmingham as a commercial narrow boat
Carried commercial cargo
Worked as a towing vessel
Purchased by the Birmingham Museum of Science & Industry and displayed on occasion at the Black Country Living Museum
A Sustainability Award of £1000 for remedial work was made from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact email@example.com