- 1937 - 1952 Concord
- 1952 - 1977 Mersea Concorde
- 1977 - 2009 Penelee
The gaff yawl CONCORD was built by H King & Sons at Pin Mill in 1937 to a design by Sydney Bellchambers. She was built for Archie White and cruised extensively in the Low Countries. She was the textbook yacht used for Pitman's book of yacht sailing, written by the owner in 1953.
She was sold to R Denholm of Denholm Shipping Line in 1959. A private owner bought her in 1977 and has since cruised extensively in Ireland, Norway, France, Spain, Portugal, Mediterranean, Cyprus and Istanbul. The current engine is a Lister STW2 diesel, 2 cylinder, 20bhp made in 1985.
Although this vessel is on the National Historic Fleet, we are currently lacking information on this particular vessel. If you have any information on this vessel past or present, please contact us.
The Clyde to the Golden Horn
Smith, Martin, Classic Boat: Notes from a bygone era, Feburary 2010
Classic Boat: Concord's musical cruise, Edition 273, February 2011
- 1937 Built by H King & Sons at Pin Mill as a gaff yawl to a design by Sydney Bellchambers for Archie White
- 1937-1952 Cruised extensively in the Low Countries
- 1952 Name changed to MERSEA CONCORDE
- 1953 Used as the textbook yacht for Pitman's book of yacht sailing, written by the owner.
- 1959 Sold to R Denholm of Denholm Shipping Line
- 1977 Sold to David MacDonald Smith and re-named PENELEE
- 1977-2007 Cruised extensively in Ireland, Norway, France, Spain, Portugal, Mediterranean, Cyprus and Istanbul with a Lister STW2 diesel, 2 cylinder, 20bhp made in 1985
- 2007 Sold to James Boyd
- 2009 Moved to Bodinnick for restoration to original 1937 condition and re-named CONCORD
A Sustainability Award of ú1000 towards the mainsail and mizzen was made from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships
A sustainablity award of ú2000 for restoration work was made from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact email@example.com