Previous names

  • 1931 - 1996 Stormcock
Certificate no 1735
Status Registered
a12admin

Details

Function Service Vessel
Subfunction Lifeboat
Location Chatham Historic Dockyard
Vessel type Norfolk and Suffolk Class
Current use Museum based
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required No

Construction

Builder Beeching Brothers, Great Yarmouth.
Built in 1897
Hull material
Rig None
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 0
Propulsion Manpower
Primary engine type None
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Breadth: Beam
12.00 feet (3.66 m)
Length: Overall
38.98 feet (11.89 m)
Tonnage: Gross
0.00
Air Draft
To be confirmed

History

This Norfolk and Suffolk pulling lifeboat was built in 1897 by Beeching of Yarmouth as the ST PAUL. She was based at Kessingland from 1897 to 1931, during which time she was launched 113 times and saved 22 lives. She was then sold out of service in 1931 and used as a yacht named STORMCOCK. She was put on display at Chatham Historic Dockyard from April 1996.

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk