BISON was built as a narrow boat in 1923 by W.J. Yarrow & Sons Ltd., and operated under the British Waterways official number of 60171. She was commissioned by Fellows, Morton & Clayton for use as a cargo vessel. BISON is believed to have sunk at Harefield Gravel pits after becoming surplus to requirements in the 1940s. She was then raised and sold into private ownership in the 1950s and has been a houseboat ever since. She has a pointed bow with raked curved stem and a counter stern. Her hull is in very good condition, but the cabin needs replacing. The hull has original riveted iron sides, although she now has a steel bottom. The current engine is an inboard diesel made by National, model DM2, with two cylinders
Built by W J Yarwood for Fellows Morton & Clayton
Vessel surplus to reuirements and sunk
Vessel raised and converted to a houseboat
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org