PHARO was built by J Bolson & Sons in 1947 and arrived in Marseille in 1948 to operate as a service vessel of the City Harbour with her beacon and lights. In 1972 she became a passenger boat in Nice under the name GALLUS 3. After this, she operated next as a fishing boat, treasure founder and now is a sail boat, still in France.
Renovation started in 2000 on the deck, the roof and a new mast was fitted. Half of her planks have also been replaced (400m) and a new mizzen mast. A new wheelhouse is to be built.
- 1947 Built in Poole
- 1948 Operated as a service vessel in Marseille
- 1972 Operated as a passenger boat in Nice
- 1992 Operated as a fishing boat
- 2000 Start of re-fit and restoration
- 2012 Vessel has a new mast
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org