- 1953 - 1990 Atamua
MARY SCOTT was built as a Norfolk and Suffolk class lifeboat by J Samuel White & Co. of Cowes, Isle of Wight in 1925. She is of double diagonal mahogany construction and her current engine is a Lister diesel model MG616 installed in 1954.
During the second World War the vessel took part in the Dunkirk evacuation, bringing back 160 men from the beaches. Subsequently she served as a lifeboat, assisting in many rescues until 1953 when she was sold out of service and renamed ATAMUA by her new owner. With some changes of ownership she operated as a leisure craft until 1990. Between 1995 and 2007 she sat neglected and was then bought by her current owner and started a restoration project. This is continuing but in 2010 she returned to Dunkirk .
- 1925 Launched 30th September 1925
- 1953 Change of ownership to Mr J H Power
- 1953 Change of name to Atamua
- 1972 Change of ownership to Mrs P McCoy
- 1976 Change of ownership to N Dennis and N Cubitt
- 1986 Change of ownership to K W Long
- 1990 Change of owner D Warner
- 2007 Change of owner to current owner and start of restoration work
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact email@example.com