- 1982 - 2007 Lady Edwina Grosvenor
Built 1926 by T Bulley & Son, Teignmouth, KINGSLEY is a wooden hulled passenger vessel with a capacity for 65 passengers. She has a 77 bhp Thornycroft diesel engine. She was previously operated in the Isles of Scilly with the name KINGSLEY and was requisitioned by the Ministry of Transport in 1942. After re-registration at Barnstaple in 1948 she was transferred to Falmouth in 1950 where she operated under the name of EVELINA. She adopted the name LADY EDWINA GROSVENOR in 1982 and was based in Chester where she ran cruises on the River Dee. In 2007, she reverted to her previous name KINGSLEY and she now operates as a passenger vessel on the River Exe and the Exeter Ship Canal.
Hamer, Geoffrey, Trip Out 1995/6 - A Guide to the Passenger Boat Services of the British Isles, G P Hamer, 1995
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org