An unconverted horse drawn boat, FRIENDSHIP was built in 1925 by Sephtons of Sutton, Coventry, for Joe and Rose Skinner who lived and worked on her until 1959. They mainly carried coal from the East Midlands to destinations on the Oxford Canal; for about twenty years to the Morris radiator works at Oxford; and then until their retirement to the Dairy at Banbury. Joe was a lover of animals and was not interested in having his boat motorised. She has been on display in the Boat Museum at Ellesmere Port since 1981, where she is under cover with one side opened for display.
Brouwer, Norman J, International Register of Historic Ships, Anthony Nelson, pp150, Edition 2, 1993
Sullivan, Dick, Old Ships, Boats and Maritime Museums, Coracle Books, 1978
The Boat Museum, The Boat Museum
Vessel built by Sephtons of Sutton, Coventry
Vessel retired from her working life carrying coal from East Midlands
Displayed at the Boat Museum, Ellesmere Port
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact email@example.com