VINCENT was built as ML 1300 by M. W. Blackmore & Sons Ltd, Bideford, and completed on 20 January 1943. Her war service included protection of the Weymouth anchorage during the build up to the Normandy invasion. After the war, she continued in service as the fast despatch boat FDB 64. In June 1948, she was transferred to HM Customs & Excise and renamed VINCENT. In 1969, she was sold to John Hudson of Cardiff and had a new aluminium deckhouse added. She was refitted and operated out of Cardiff and Brixham, before being sold to the Lomer Seamanship & Navigation Centre in 1976 for use as their training flagship in the Solent area.
Source: Paul Brown, Historic Ships The Survivors (Amberley, 2010), updated Mar 2011.
World Ship Society British Armed Forces Small Craft Historical Society, Survivors Register, 1998
Warship World: MEDUSA - the last HDML, pp22-23, Spring 1986
Built as ML 1300 by M.W. Blackmore & Sons Ltd, Bideford
After the war she continued in service as fast despatch boat FDB 64
Transferred to HM Customs & Excise and renamed VINCENT
Sold to John Hudson of Cardiff and new aluminium deckhouse added
Sea trials carried out following conversion
Sold to Lomer Seamanship & Navigation Centre for use as training flagship in Solent
Bought by Justin Palmer from yard in Itchen River at Southampton
Sold to new owner
Transferred to Carrickfergus near Belfast
Found as wreck on beach in Dumdrum inner bay, Northern Ireland
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact email@example.com