Previous names

  • 2016 Christina Lynn
  • 1924 - 1960 United
  • 1960 - 1980 Eric Brown
Certificate no 1011
Status Registered
a12admin

Details

Function Service Vessel
Subfunction Pilot Vessel
Location King's Lynn
Vessel type Pilot Cutter
Current use Private use
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required Yes

Construction

Builder Worfolk Bros, Kings Lynn
Built in 1924
Hull material Wood
Rig Gaff Cutter
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 1
Propulsion Sail
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Breadth: Beam
12.98 feet (3.96 m)
Depth
5.00 feet (1.53 m)
Length: Overall
47.54 feet (14.50 m)
Tonnage: Gross
25.00
Air Draft
To be confirmed

History

Originally built in 1924 by Worfolk Brothers of King's Lynn as a pilot cutter, CHRISTINA LYNN has a carvel built hull of oak frames, Archangel redwood planking and pitch pine decks. She was cutter rigged with gaff and sprit sails. Her current engine is an inboard diesel made by Gardner in 1970, model 180 LXB, 6 cy, 180 bhp. She was in use as a pilot boat in King's Lynn until the 1960s and was then used for buoy laying for the Conservancy Board. In the 1970s she was converted to a prawn fishing boat and, in 1983, was bought by Paul Fitzgerald who gave her to her present owner in 1987. She was restored and re-launched in 1995, her restoration being aided by Bill Worfolk, her original builder, who was then 99 years old.

We are lacking information about this particular vessel.  If you have any information about this vessel, past or present, please contact us.

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

sailing

Archived, built 1875 by Davis & Plain, Cardiff

Peggy at sea

Registered, built 1903 by Rowles, E C, Pill, near Bristol

port side view

Registered, built 1962 by Perkins, R J & Sons, Whitstable

Olga undersail, after her restoration

National Historic Fleet, built 1909 by Bowden, J, Porthleven