- 1938 - 1971 HLD 3819
FIONA B is an Admiralty harbour service launch, built in 1938. Her hull is of double diagonal mahogany planking on oak frames, and is copper sheathed. She has riveted steel bulkheads, a superstructure, a pointed bow with a plumb straight stem, and a transom stern. Her current engine is a Cummins NH252 diesel, with six cylinders and 250 brake horsepower. She is believed to have been stationed at HMS DOLPHIN in Portsmouth and may well have taken part in the evacuation from the Dunkirk beaches in 1940. From 1971 to 1978, the vessel was based on the River Tyne. She was then moved to Hartlepool until 1984 when she returned to the Tyne.
Currently located in the Medway town of Hoo, the vessel has been converted to a liveaboard by her current owner.
Built by an unknown builder as a Pinnace (Harbour Service Launch) for the Admiralty
Stationed at HMS Dolphin, Portsmouth
She was thought to be at Dunkirk for the evacuation
Sold to owner on the River Tyne
Sold to an owner in Hartlepool
Sold to present owners on the River Tyne
Vessel is at Friar’s Goose Watersports Club, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear in reasonable condition being restored
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact email@example.com