Trinity House Lightvessel Number 16, T.S. COLNE LIGHT, is a steel lightship built by Philip & Son Ltd., of Dartmouth in 1954. She was commissioned by Trinity House in January 1953 and was launched in July 1954. On 6 December 1960, she was damaged whilst at South Goodwin Station. However, she remained in service until being decommissioned in 1988. She was sold for use as a sea cadet training ship headquarters and is now based in Colchester.
Vessel purchased by a Sea Cadet Unit and towed up the River Colne and moored by the Spinnaker public house
Commissioned by the Duke of York
Sold to the Sea Cadets and towed to Colchester
Vessel moved to its present position at King Edward Quay when the road bridge Colne Causeway was built. The port closed in 2002 and now the river is too shallow for her to leave
Some refurbishment started and vessel used as a training ship
A Sustainability Grant of £2000 for an engine room access project was made from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships
A Sustainability Grant of ú2000 for an engine room access project was made from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org