Built in 1937 by James Pollock Sons & Co. Limited of Faversham, VARLET is a Jubilee class tug of steel construction with a diesel engine by Widdop & Co. Limited of Keighley. She was built for the London lighterage company Vokins & Co. and was used in the West India and Royal Docks and on the River Lea. During World War II, she worked up to Henley on Thames. Continuing to work until the early 1980s, she entered the Museum of London collection on 5 August 1986.
In November 2016, she was acquired by Trinity Buoy Wharf.
Built by James Pollock Sons & Co. Limited of Faversham as a Jubilee class tug
During the Second World War she worked up to Henley on Thames
Used by London Lighterage Co. Vokins in West India and Royal Docks and River Lea
She continued in service as a tug until the early 1980s
Acquired by Museum of London and joined their collection
Vessel acquired by the Trinity Buoy Wharf Trust
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact email@example.com