Certificate no 2111
Status Registered
a12admin

Details

Function Service Vessel
Subfunction Inspection Launch
Location Leeds
Vessel type Survey Vessel
Current use Private use
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required No

Construction

Builder Brooke Marine, Oulton Broad, Lowestoft
Built in 1958
Hull material Wood
Rig None
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 0
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Inboard diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Breadth: Beam
10.33 feet (3.15 m)
Depth
3.28 feet (1.00 m)
Length: Overall
40.16 feet (12.25 m)
Tonnage: Gross
0.00
Air Draft
To be confirmed

History

Built in 1958 by Brooke Marine of Lowestoft, a survey/inspection launch of timber construction with a diesel engine of 94 bhp by Norris Henty & Gardner. She was built for the Humber Conservancy Board, based at Brough Haven and her duties included charting the sands of the upper Humber estuary, transhipment of crews and equipment to the then manned light floats and the movement of buoys. She was sold out of service in 1991 and purchased by her present owner in January 2003. CONSERVANCY is maintained in good condition with most of her original fixtures and fittings. She has historical significance as a prime example of the design, style and construction of small wooden working boats.

Key dates

  • 1958

    Built by Brooke Marine, Lowestoft as a survey vessel

  • 1991

    Sold out of service

  • 2003

    Bought by current owner

  • 2009

    A Sustainability Award of £2200 for repair work on her hull was made from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships

Grants

  • September 2009

    A Sustainability Award of ú2200 for repair work on her hull was made from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships Source: National Historic Ships

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

port side view

Registered, built 1955 by Tough Bros, Teddington

WATERWITCH - underway.  Port side.

Archived, built 1957 by White, J Samuel & Co Ltd, Cowes, Isle of Wight