Built in 1943 by John Thornycroft in London, WHITE LADY is a medium speed picket boat of double diagonal timber construction with 2x61w Gardner diesel engines. Built for the Royal Navy, she was stationed at Port Edgar (HMS LOCHINVAR) from 1943 to 1968. After a spell in navy reserves in South Wales she became the Queen's Harbour Master's Launch in Devonport. She was sold out of service in 1981 to Brundall in Norfolk and was bought by her present owner in 2008. She is now fitted out as a Motor Cruiser.
Built for the Royal Navy as a picket boat by John Thornycroft in London
Stationed at Port Edgar (HMS LOCHINVAR) from 1943 to 1968
Spent several years in the navy reserves in South Wales
Became the Queen's Harbour Master's Launch in Devonport
Sold out of service to Brundall in Norfolk
Bought by her present owner and fitted out as a motor cruiser
A Sustainability Grant of £1,000 towards the costs of remedial work were made from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships
A sustainablity grant of £1000 was made for remedial work from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships UK
After spending £15000 on extensive repairs (exc. labour) and with the help of £1000 grant, White Lady is now fully seaworthy and is in excellent condition, completing 5 sea trips and 6 river cruises to date
Sustainability Grant of £1000 for remedial work was made from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships UK.
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact email@example.com