Previous names

  • 1923 The Barge
Certificate no 2200
Status Registered
a12admin

Details

Function Service Vessel
Subfunction Lifeboat
Location Swansea
Vessel type Standard 34 ft Sailing & Pulling Class L
Current use Museum based
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required No
Web address www.swansea.gov.uk

Construction

Builder Harland & Wolff Ltd, Woolwich
Built in 1889
Hull material
Rig Unknown
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 0
Propulsion Manpower
Primary engine type None
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Breadth: Beam
7.48 feet (2.28 m)
Length: Overall
33.97 feet (10.36 m)
Tonnage: Gross
0.00
Air Draft
To be confirmed

History

RICHARD served at Donna Nook from 1889 until 1904 and then at the Mumbles from 1904 until 1923. She was launched 22 times and saved 33 lives. She was sold out of service in 1923 and renamed THE BARGE. She is now in store at Swansea Museum.

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

Queen Victoria port facing

Registered, built 1887 by Forrestt & Sons Ltd, Wivenhoe