Previous names

  • 1928 Brons
Certificate no 2235
Status Registered
a12admin

Details

Function Service Vessel
Subfunction Tug
Location Upper Thames
Vessel type Harbour Tug
Current use Ongoing conservation
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required No

Construction

Builder Unknown
Built in 1928
Hull material
Rig None
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 0
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Length: Overall
36.98 feet (11.28 m)
Tonnage: Gross
0.00
Air Draft
To be confirmed

History

OXFORD was originally named BRONS and was built in 1928 in Holland for the Thames Steam Tug and Lighterage Company. She was the first diesel tug of the Company. In 1955, she was sold to Odell Ltd of London and was used on a Thames Conservancy dredging contract, pulling dump barges in the area between Teddington and Windsor. She was also used to tow Stevens flour barges on the River Wey. She was sold in the early 1980s to Genet Marine and then, in 2004, to Aquamarine. She was sold again in 2005 after being seen at the Thames Tradtitional Boat Rally.

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

port side view

Archived, built 1916 by Unknown

port side view

Registered, built 1953 by Cochrane, Bow Creek

starboard side

Registered, built 1936 by T van Duijvendijk

Volunteer - port side view

Registered, built 1934 by Hill, Charles & Sons, Bristol