- Ex TID43
- Ex Tidall
Built in 1943 by Richard Dunston Limited, this vessel is an Inshore Defence Tug (TID) of steel construction with a diesel engine by Blackstone of 260 hp which replaced her original coal fired compound steam engine of 220 hp . She was based at the Portsmouth Pool under Admiralty control until 1946, then moved to James Contracting & Dredging Co, Southampton until 1949 and renamed TIDALL She was bought by Foremost Contracting & Dredging Co, Southampton in 1953, then by Westminster Dredging Co. in 1975. She was subsequently sold to Kingsleydale Limited, Liverpool in 1986 and renamed SEAPORT ALPHA. She was bought by B Hampson , Fleetwood in 1987 and then purchased by the present owners in 2008. She represents one of the first designs of all welded pre-fabricated vessels built in Britain during World War II.
As of April 2019, the vessel was reported to be up for sale at a reduced price of £24,000.
A sustainability grant of £1000 for remedial work was made from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships UK
A Sustainability Grant of £1000 towards remedial costs was made from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships UK
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org