Certificate no 2549
Status Archived


Function Leisure Craft
Subfunction Yacht
Location Netherlands
Vessel type Schooner
Archive reason Overseas Watch List
Current use Private use
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required No


Builder Perkins, R J & Sons, Whitstable
Built in 1929
Hull material Wood
Rig Schooner
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 2
Propulsion Sail
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Inboard diesel
Boiler type None


Breadth: Beam
13.50 feet (4.12 m)
9.00 feet (2.75 m)
Length: Overall
54.00 feet (16.47 m)
Tonnage: Gross
Air Draft
To be confirmed



CARRINA is a staysail schooner built by R J Perkins of Whitstable in 1929. She is of carvel construction, built of teak with oak frames and her current engine is a Gardner 4LW diesel, fitted in 1961. With various owners she sailed extensively around Europe and North Africa until the outbreak of World War II when she was de-rigged and stored at Camper & Nicholsons, Southampton.

In 1953 the Staniland family bought her and lived aboard, making 6 Atlantic crossings. Later she sailed to Brazil and spent 3 years on the coast before sailing to the Caribbean for a year and a half, then returning to Europe.


Classic Boat (January, 2013, pp36) Classic Boat Awards 2013

Key dates

  • 1929 Built by RJ Perkins of Whitstable
  • 1934 sold to H F Blackborows
  • 1947 sold to H S Whiteside
  • 1948 sold to Mary Lorna Berthon
  • 1950 sold to the Pinney family
  • 1953 sold to the Staniland family
  • 2007 sold to her current owner

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

Result - port side view

National Historic Fleet, built 1893 by Kent, Robert & Co, Carrickfergus

bow view, port side, in dry dock

Registered, built 1917 by Gebr van Diepen, Waterhuizen, Netherlands

Kathleen and May at Mashfords

National Historic Fleet, built 1900 by Ferguson & Baird, Connah's Quay

port side view 2009

Registered, built 1882 by Husk & Sons, James, Wivenhoe