CARRINA is a staysail schooner built by R J Perkins of Whitstable in 1929. She is of carvel construction, built of teak with oak frames and her current engine is a Gardner 4LW diesel, fitted in 1961. With various owners she sailed extensively around Europe and North Africa until the outbreak of World War II when she was de-rigged and stored at Camper & Nicholsons, Southampton.
In 1953 the Staniland family bought her and lived aboard, making 6 Atlantic crossings. Later she sailed to Brazil and spent 3 years on the coast before sailing to the Caribbean for a year and a half, then returning to Europe.
Classic Boat (January, 2013, pp36) Classic Boat Awards 2013
- 1929 Built by RJ Perkins of Whitstable
- 1934 sold to H F Blackborows
- 1947 sold to H S Whiteside
- 1948 sold to Mary Lorna Berthon
- 1950 sold to the Pinney family
- 1953 sold to the Staniland family
- 2007 sold to her current owner
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org