ROACH was built for Fellows, Morton and Clayton in 1935. She is one of 18 Fish Class boats. She was passed to the British Transport Company in 1948 and sold by British Waterways in 1985, entering into private ownership. ROACH has never been converted and has been in constant use since 1994 as a coal carrier. She was originally fitted with a 9hp Bollinder engine, then a 15hp Bollinder. British Waterways subsequently fitted her with an Armstrong Siddley AS2, superceded by a Lister HR2. The Lister unit was replaced by her current owner, whose ownership she has been under since 1987, with a similar HR2 unit. ROACH is still in use and is intensively worked carrying full loads across the canal system.
- 1935 Vessel built for Fellows, Morton and Clayton
- 1948 Vessel passed to British Transport Company
- 1985 Sold by British Waterways into private ownership
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact email@example.com