- 1911 - 1945 Henry Finlay
- 1945 - 2008 Teignmouth Belle
- 2008 - 2012 Henrietta
In 1912, she was sent to the newly created Lifeboat Station at Machrihanish on the on the southwestern end of Scotland’s Mull of Kintyre. The new station was opened following the loss of a trawler, which had been driven ashore at Westport, four miles north of Machrihanish, during a blizzard in 1908. On that occasion, rescue attempts from Campbeltown were to no avail as the roads were blocked by snowdrifts. The HENRY FINLAY was at Machrihanish until the station was closed in 1931 being felt at that time that the CITY OF GLASGOW the new motorised lifeboat at Campbelton could cover the area. The HENRY FINLAY was the first and the last lifeboat to be stationed there: in the 18 years that the station was open there was never a launch to casualty. The HENRY FINLAY was towed to Ardrossan by the CITY OF GLASGOW and was transported by rail to her new station at Teignmouth in Devon. In 1945 she was sold out of service and became a passenger vessel in Teignmouth and Shaldon. In 2008 she was brought to Dartmouth and underwent a restoration which retains the best features of her history. A full restoration and rebuild concluded in 2012.
- 1911 Vessel built at Bow Creek, Blackwall, London
- 1912 - 1930 On station at Machrihanish
- 1930 Transported to Teignmouth by rail
- 1940 - 1945 Laid up for duration of Second World War
- 1945 Sold for £200 and converted to passenger vessel in Teignmouth and Shaldon
- 2008 Purchased and taken to Old Mill Quay Boatyard, Dartmouth, for restoration
- 2012 Re-launched as trip boat on the River Dart
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact email@example.com