- Lady Dixon
- 2008 Lady December
THE LIGHTSHIP was built as such in 1878 by the Victoria Shipbuilding Company of Cork, Ireland. The main mast which carried the 2 ton light was removed many years ago. She spent a short time on the South Rock Station in 1910. The vessel was sold to the Belfast Harbour Commissioners in 1942 and was renamed Lady Dixon. In 1961 she was purchased by a businessman who fitted her out as a pirate radio station, a failed venture.
At the time of registration, she was based in Kent and was in use as a houseboat..
Built by Victoria Shipbuilding Company, Cork, Ireland
Sold to the Belfast Harbour Commissioners
Thought to have functioned as the Belfast Pilot Station
Sold and fitted out as a pirate radio station
Thought to have reverted to orginal name of CORMORANT
Thought to have been renamed LADY DIXON
Thought to have been renamed LADY DECEMBER
Bought by present owner
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org