PEEL CASTLE was built in 1929 by Gilbert & Pascoe of Portrhleven as a fishing vessel, and is of carvel pitch pine construction with a Ford Dorset diesel engine installed in 1975.
The vessel fished out of Newlyn from 1930 to to 1939 as PZ17when she was requisitioned for war service and is believed to have served in Scotland as a harbour patrol vessel. After the war she was sold on to Brixham and was registered BM17. She ended her fishing days in Fleetwood or the Isle of Man in 1979.
From 2008, following rebuilding she has sailed extensively as far as the Mediteranean, Madeira and the Azores and later to Galicia, Spain and Brittany. She has attended many maritime festivals during this time.
Built by GHilbert & Pascoe
Requisitioned for war service
Sold and brought to Brixham
Complete rebuild carried out by current owners
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org