Certificate no 2888
Status Registered
a12admin

Details

Function Service Vessel
Subfunction Pinnace
Location Maldon
Vessel type Naval Pinnace
Current use Private use
Available to hire Yes
Available for excursions No
Info required No

Construction

Builder Curtis & Pape, Looe
Built in 1964
Hull material Wood
Rig None
Number of decks 0
Number of masts 0
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Length: Overall
52.50 feet (16.00 m)
Breadth: Beam
14.00 feet (4.27 m)
Depth
4.50 feet (1.37 m)
Air Draft
14.00 feet (4.27 m)
Tonnage: Gross
27.50

History

VALENTINE D17 was built as a Naval Pinnace by Curtis and Pape of Looe in 1964 and is a vessel of teak construction with a Foden FD6 diesel engine. She was sold out of service by the Admiralty in 1993 , spent time in France as a ferry and then returned to the UK to be sold as a houseboat.

The vessel is now based in Maldon having been rescued from Brentford Marina and refurbished and fitted out as a liveaboard.

Key dates

  • 1964

    Built by Curtis & Pape, Looe

  • 1993

    Released from Admiralty service, used in France as a ferry and then returned to UK

  • 2015

    Located at Maldon Essex and in private use afloat 

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

Green Parrot

Registered, built 1953 by Powles, Jack

199 - on passage to Yarmouth, Isle of Wight

National Historic Fleet, built 1911 by White, J Samuel & Co Ltd, Cowes, Isle of Wight

Sundowner in Ramsgate

National Historic Fleet, built 1912 by Admiralty, Sheerness

Port side view, underway

Registered, built 1912 by Camper & Nicholsons Ltd, Gosport